I ran across this article in the REALTOR magazine and wanted to share some highlights:
Demographic Characteristics of REALTORS
- The typical REALTOR is a 57 year old white female who attended college and is a homeowner.
- Fifty-seven percent of all REALTORS are female.
- A substantial majority of REALTORS – 87 percent- own their primary residence.
Income and Expenses of REALTORS
- The median gross income of REALTORS was $43,500 in 2012.
- REALTORS with 16 years or more of experience had a median gross income of $57,300 compared to REALTORS with 2 years or less experience who had a median gross income of $9700.
- The median business expense rose from $4900 in 2012 from $4520 in 2011.
I believe the more people understand about REALTORS the more appreciated we will be as a group. It is hard work and an awesome career! Keeping it real..If I can be of any help to you or anyone you know that is looking to buy or sell real estate please let me know. You can reach me via email at KReynolds@realtracs.com or cell at 615-556-1511. My office is Coldwell Banker Snow & Wall 615-893-1130, just ask for Kim.